- Established in 1970's, under current management since 1994.
- Family owned and operated.
- Specialise in "custom" joinery solutions, nothing too simple nor too complex.
- Qualified tradesmen who take pride in taking their product from drawings to completion - no assembly lines.
- Complete solution - manufacture, delivery and installation.
- Project management - co-ordination of subcontract outwork including metal, glass, stone, paint, fire doors and anything else required by our clients.
- 2009 triple award winner in NZ Master Joiners Awards.
- Denise McLean (Managing Director). Denise has been involved with Townshends' since 1989 as an investor, took over the management role in 1995 and bought out her business partner in 2004. Denise oversees and monitors all aspects of day to day running with a strong background in accountancy, keeping Townshends continually moving forward in the industry. The buck stops here!
- Jenny Wallace (Office Manager). Jenny has been Townshend's office manager since 2003 and is responsible for a vast range of adminstrative and financial matters. Part of Jenny's daily role is ensuring effective and friendly liaisons with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and staff. It could be said that Jenny is the "glue" that holds the rest of the team together!
- Cameron Mander (Factory Manager). Cameron started working for Townshends in 2012 as a joiner on the factory floor and progressed into the role of Facotry Manager in 2017. His role is to assure the smooth running of the factory staff and liasion with clients for specific contracts currently running.
- Paul Squires (Estimator). Paul commenced work as a joiner with Townshends in 1996. He is responsible for all the prospective and current contract pricing. With his knowledge of actual joinery manufacture he is able to identify possible discrepancies and therefore provide realistic solutions and pricing.
- Ten qualified tradesmen and two apprentices